Get A Quote Contact Us Home Page

As you might expect we have had a number of water damage claims the last few weeks.  Since all homeowners policies exclude flood coverage there are really two ways that you can insure against rain water damage. First the federal government provides for flood protection through the national flood insurance program. This is relatively expensive coverage but if you are willing to spend the money you can get good risk protection.

The other coverage is water backup coverage. This coverage can be added to most homeowners policies and it usually gives you a little coverage (2,000ish to 25,000ish) for a loss caused by water which backs up through sewers, drains, sump pumps, etc. Not great coverage but it gives you a little risk protection if you have a finished basement or appliances in the basement or really anything around your sump pump that could be ruined or damaged by water.

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2016
  • 2015

View Mobile Version
Social Media
HELPFUL LINKS: Home About Us Get A Quote Blog Contact Us Service Comes First Since 1984
© Copyright Merited Insurance. All rights reserved. Powered by Insurance Website Builder
Automobile Insurance Homeowners Insurance Life Insurance Renters Insurance
Find Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Connect With Us On LinkedIn RSS