Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Auto Insurance Information
Customized Car Insurance Coverage for Your Needs and Budget
Serving Illinois, Indiana and Ohio
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
We represent a number of companies that are willing to cover all different kinds of vehicles (autos, RV’s, boats, motorcycles, atv’s, etc). Regardless of the type of vehicle, most policies structure the way they provide coverage in the same groupings:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Collision – This is coverage against a loss in the value of your vehicle caused by collision with something.
- Comprehensive - This is coverage against a loss caused by things other than a collision (tree limb, hail, animals, etc.)
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists – This coverage will reimburse you if a person with inadequate insurance hits you
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Bodily Injury - How much coverage would you need if you struck someone and they filed a lawsuit? Worst case scenario would be something like a bus or van full of people
- Property Damage - This is coverage for your damage to property (think building, fence, or another car). Worst case would be a fancy new RV or other expensive vehicle.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements. Many of these coverages have a variety of limits and or deductibles to choose from. The pricing for those options varies a great deal depending on your age, driving record, and claims history. If you select “Get a Quote” you will be able to provide some of the information necessary for us to help find the coverage that is best for you.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than your net worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to think about
We are here to help you find auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Thank you for your interest in Roger Schuldt Insurance
. Use our quick and easy quote form
and start saving on your car insurance today. If you would like to speak to one of our insurance professionals please call our office at 815-432-5401
or email us your questions
and an agent will reply promptly.